Getting back into the swing of blogging means back to the recipes! Specifically the easy to make but full of flavor recipes like this Tortellini Sausage & Veggies dish. September through December tends to be much busier months for everyone collectively. Whether it’s having children in school, the holiday season, work life picking up, there never seems to be enough time in the day. One life hack I’ve learned since balancing adult life responsibilities is how to make dinner quick and easy. Whether it easy quick meals like this one or the perfect freezable meals to thaw at dinner time. When dinner figured out everything else seems to get a little bit easier for the evening.Jump to Recipe
There’s really no special you must read this story background to this recipe. It was a simple equation of me being hungry and using what I had on hand in the fridge and pantry to create a meal. Lucky for me it was delicious. Ha! But I noted that not only was this Tortellini Sausage & Veggies dish delicious, but it was super easy and quick to make. The perfect recipe for both beginners in the kitchen and the experts who know the kitchen with their eyes closed. Another plus to this recipe is the fact that it’s very customizable to your own preferences.
Recipe Preferences & Tips:
- I used cajun andouille sausage for this recipe but you can use WHATEVER protein you like. My family really likes turkey sausage which I used to substitute all the time.
- Yes you can customize your veggies too! I love bell peppers and onion. I can eat them sautéed on their own. However, everyone doesn’t have the same taste buds or feelings so…get creative!
- You can use whatever flavor tortellini you like best. For this particular recipe I enjoy the three cheese tortellini.
Tortellini Sausage & Veggies
- 9 oz Three Cheese Tortellini
- 6.5 oz Cajun Sausage
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 cup Beef Broth
- 1 cup Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Onion (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Lawry's seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Shredded Italian Cheese mix
- *1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes *optional*
In a large pan heat olive oil over medium high heat.
Add the onions and garlic to the oil and mix for a few seconds to release the flavor.
Next add the sausage, bell peppers, and dry seasonings to ingredients in the pan.
Sauté for 2-3 minutes then add the beef broth, tomato sauce, and heavy cream to the pan. Stir everything together until well combined then turn the pilot down to medium low heat.
Add the three cheese tortellini to the ingredients in the pan and mix together again to fully combine. Cover with a lid and let it cook for 5 minutes or until the tortellini is soft.
Once the tortellini is cooked you can adjust the taste to your preferences (either more salt or spice)
Plate a serving and sprinkle with your desired amount of shredded cheese. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply