Yesterday I turned 33 years old. Celebrating my birthday has always meant the world to me. I’ve never taken lightly the privilege to grow another year older (or people celebrating me LOL). It’s a privilege many of us take for granted so I try to always remember growing older is a blessing. I always hear people refer to their 33rd birthday as their Jesus or Pippen year. However, I’m going to call this my “Soul” year. Yes, Soul as in after the popular Disney movie released last year. Let me explain in more detail.Read More
September 27th, 1988 is the day and year a star was born.
OK, now that I got that out of the way I can be serious now hahaha.
Today is my 30th birthday and I couldn’t be more grateful or full of love. I’m grateful to have made it to see the age of 30. There are many who never did, or will, and for this I am forever thankful each year God allows me to grow a year older.
I decided to take a break from blogging earlier this year due to my pregnancy. It was an exhausting pregnancy and I struggled with staying awake the entire day let alone run a blog in the process. I’ve had plenty of time to plan and have some quality blog posts coming your way soon. From recipes to personal stories to DIY projects. They’re all coming soon.Read More
Today I turned 28 years old, and I’m feeling so many emotions. The one emotion that best describes all of them put together is: joy. I’m so happy and thankful the Lord has blessed me with another year. I know and read too many stories about people younger than me not seeing this age, so I know to always be thankful for every day God blesses me to see.
Tonight is the season finale of the hit show, Power, and I couldn’t be more anxious, sad, and stressed. However, I, like most of you, want to know exactly how this is all going to end, and who’s not going to be alive at the end of it. I would be lying if I said I didn’t believe at least two people are going to be killed on tonight’s episode.Read More
It’s officially the greatest season of the year! Break out the apple/pumpkin picking, crisp air, hoodies, hot chocolate, pumpkin flavored everything, beautiful colored trees, etc. I could go on and on for hours telling you everything wonderful about this perfect season.Read More
If you’re a fall TV show junkie like myself then you’ve been waiting for these return dates since the shows ended months ago. Thankfully, shows will start making their return as soon as this upcoming, Monday! Read More
Happy September everybody! It’s been a very, what seems to be, short yet long three and a half months since I’ve last been here, but oh man am I happy to be back. In mid May (right after Mother’s Day to be exact) I decided to take a mini hiatus from blogging and concentrate more on social media connecting and sharing through pictures, tweets, and videos. I knew my youngest sister would be coming here to visit for the summer and we would all be engaging in summer activities and vacations that I decided it would be best to simply have uninterrupted fun while the short summer months were here. Although summer isn’t technically over, it’s pretty safe to say the kids being back in school, earlier sunsets, and fall decor in stores signifies in all of our minds, it’s over. I’m not complaining in the least bit though because I absolutely LOVE fall! But I’ll get more into my love of fall in a blog post later this month ;-).
I had a great summer filled with tons of love and laughs from loved ones. I hope you all enjoyed your summers as well and are successful in whatever this upcoming season has planned for you.
I wanted to say hello to all of you, tell you I’ve missed you, and can’t wait to share more awesome content with my even more awesome readers.
Happy Thursday folks!
Dearest PD Girl,
Today marks one month since you have been gone. You went on to glory exactly one year to the day after meeting Jordyn for the first time in person. I believe it’s safe to say September 3rd will always be remembered as a cherished and emotional day for many people who were so close to you. If I am being completely honest it still hasn’t quite hit me that you’re gone. I would imagine this is what people mean when they talk about a disconnection between our hearts and our minds. My heart knows you’re gone, but I don’t think my mind has caught up just yet.
In the midst of all the craziness and planning going on while we were home, believe it or not I only cried twice. You would be proud of me! LOL. The truth is, I didn’t cry as much, or become as emotional, because all I could think about was how HILARIOUS you were. I was so busy replaying memories of you doing and/or saying funny things I couldn’t do much outside of laugh. I know you saw how loved you truly were by the number of people who showed up to your memorial, and had so many beautiful and funny stories to share about you. I didn’t even realize how many of my own family members and friends you had touched over time until the beautiful condolence messages and phone calls poured in.
A month sounds like a long time, but in actuality it’s much shorter than we realize. Four weeks translates to thirty days, and reminds us how fresh everything still is, and will be for some time. But it’s okay for us to be sad sometimes. It’s okay to let out a long cry or spend a day to ourselves in deep thought, because that is what you do when you lose someone who has made a major impact on your life. However, to remember you, and the spirit of who you were, I am going to share some of my favorite P.D. Girl memories with my readers. I even have a few pictures to go with some of these memories. (I don’t wanna hear it PD Girl! I can hear you cursing me out for sharing your pictures with strangers LOL)
- I’m already laughing at this picture. PD, Toni and I, took a trip to California in the summer of 2011 to see a test launch Kris had been part of for the United States Air Force. Kris and I were acting a fool as usual when we noticed PD standing like this on the statue. In the midst of Kris and I playing around, PD couldn’t get her leg down and was yelling “Kris…I can’t get my leg down…Kris…I’m stuck!” LMAO! We still aren’t quite sure why Pd thought this was a good idea in the first place.
- This picture was taken at Longhorn Steakhouse the night before Jon left for basic training. This memory makes me laugh because I remember this was originally supposed to be a picture of just you and Jon, but I jumped in at last-minute. When I yelled “wait, I wanna be in the picture too!” You said to me “don’t nobody want you in this picture little ugly girl!” Hahahaha! But look at nice the picture is even with me in it PD Girl!
- This story isn’t specifically from our wedding day, but this picture is perfect because anytime I used to tell cute lovey dovey stories about Kris, or referred to him by some adorable name, your classic response was “So! Nobody cares about y’all..” LOL. We love you too, PD.
*These next few stories don’t have pictures to accompany them but they’re just as hilarious*
- When I was in sixth grade and hospitalized for viral meningitis, you came to see me in the hospital multiple times. You actually drove us home from the hospital once I was discharged too. But what I do remember was your first visit to the hospital and your reaction to my hair not being combed. You said to my Mom “Kim, why you got my baby in here looking like this.” LOL. You then pulled a comb out of your purse and put my hair in two french braids :-).
- In college I loved getting frozen custard from a place named, Andy’s, downtown Evanston. When I would walk over to Andy’s to get a concrete mixer or shake of some sort, you always made sure to tell me to bring something back for you. Considering you were diabetic, I would tell you I couldn’t bring you anything, and Toni would say the same thing. You would proceed to tell us how much you couldn’t stand either of us and turn your head to not face us anymore. LMAO.
- This last story isn’t one that happened on one occasion. I used to always give you kisses whether you wanted them or not. I would say to you “I think you want me to give you some kisses PD Girl. Come on over here and get these kisses.” You would beg me not to kiss you as I walked towards you with my lips puckered up, and kiss you on your forehead and cheeks multiple times. It only took you a few years to realize my kisses weren’t going to stop which means you stopped fighting me and accepted your life LOL.
I could go on for days telling stories and reminiscing about how much you were and still are a part of my life. I had my own relationship with you and I am so thankful for that. I loved being able to talk to you about any and everything going on in my life and knowing you would give me straight to the chase, honest advice. That advice although honest, was always filled with love. When we cleaned your closet out I took this sweater of yours with me as my PD moment. It fits and looks perfect.
I will miss being able to give you forehead kisses when I see you or listen for one of your many hilarious comments about any and everything, but I’m at peace because I know you’re at peace. You are in a place where there is no more pain and suffering, but tons of love and happiness. Thanks for being an amazing extended Grandma, and beautiful person to know. You have blessed my life by being in it and for that and many other things I want to say, thank you. We all love and miss you more than words could ever express. At the end of it all I just want you to know you will always be and I will always love my PD Girl <3
Yesterday was my 27th golden birthday. Not only have I been blessed to see another year, but I had such an amazing day of being spoiled by my husband and baby girl. I received a massage, brunch in bed, a family walk, alone time to blog, and a delicious shrimp scampi alfredo made by my chef-boyardee husband. Here’s a picture of my oh so yummy breakfast plate 🙂
In addition to all of this spoiling; my Mom sent me my annual beautiful birthday flowers, I shared food and laughter with my Montana friends on Saturday evening, many loved ones posted special pictures/messages on social media for me, and I received so many text messages, phone calls, face time calls, and social media birthday wishes filled with nothing but love and happiness. Receiving love for my birthday on these platforms isn’t anything new, but as each year passes I learn to appreciate and be so thankful for those of you who take the time out of your day to send so much love my way. We grow up to learn exactly how precious time is in our lives, and for people to chose to spend their time on me means the world.
Twenty-six was a beautiful year filled with more ups than downs, and I can only imagine what golden year twenty-seven has in store for me. In the mean time, I pray and speak into existence this year brings blessings, grace, joy, love, prosperity, and wisdom. Not only for me, but for my loved ones as well.
Thank you again for all of the birthday love. You are all amazing and I love you all!
Happy best month of the year, everyone! Why is it the greatest month of the year you ask? Well, because it’s the month I was brought into this big and crazy world :-). Despite me being born in September (and many of my friends), there is so much I love, and look forward to about this month. My favorite season (Fall) is slowly approaching, which means so many great things are to come.
September has to be a pretty big deal, when one of the greatest bands of all time, decided to make an entire song named “September”. It is still a bucket list goal of mine to see these guys perform live before they retire for good. “September” is only one of the many Earth, Wind & Fire songs I love. You could play “Reasons”, “After The Love Has Gone”, or “Fantasy” and I’m going to sing at the top of my lungs like I’m a long-lost group member.
Whatever reasons you may have for enjoying the month of September, add a little more happiness to your month, and start it off the right way by getting a good dance in to this song. For added giggles, I’m posting the original video from Vevo below. Take a look at those graphics and outfits hahaha. We’ve for sure come a long way in the technology era. However, depending on the outfit, I wouldn’t mind going back to the 70’s fashion era.
Happy and joyous September to all of you!