Fall may be right around the corner but summer is over just yet. Many of us are still looking for those healthier recipe options before transitioning into holiday comfort foods. These roasted salmon & veggie packets are not only easy to make, but they’re perfect for any meal and meal prep. I also love the fact we make them year round. There is no wrong time for salmon or fresh vegetables.
The first time we made these roasted salmon & veggie packets was about 2 years ago. We had made oven roasted seafood packets and decided to give the salmon filets a try. My husband and I both love onions and spinach. It’s one of our favorite vegetable combinations so naturally it’s the vegetables we chose for our packets. The best part is you can add whatever veggies you prefer. I personally love mushrooms and always add it to mine. From tomatoes to zucchini just add whatever your taste buds desire at the moment.
Roasted Salmon & Veggie Packet Tips:
- You can use fresh or frozen salmon filets. We use both, but more times than not use frozen because it’s easy to keep on hand. However, it must be thawed to cook correctly.
- 15 to 20 minutes is the perfect time for cooking salmon. So make sure your vegetables are sliced thin enough to cook thoroughly to your liking in that time frame.
- If you use vegetables like squash or zucchini make sure you cut them thin enough to cook all the way through.
- You can also add more than one salmon filet to a packet. Especially if you are meal prepping larger batched
- Add your own seasoning combos. The recipes I share are the seasonings and spices my family and I enjoy. Switch it up to your own liking or experiment if you aren’t sure!
Roasted Salmon & Veggie Packets
The best flaky and flavorful salmon with fresh vegetables. Perfect for lunch, dinner, or meal prep!
- 6 oz. Salmon Filet
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1/4 cup Sliced Onions
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Adobo
- 1/4 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
*If you're using frozen salmon make sure it is completely thawed out by following the thawing instructions on the bag.*
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Cut the onion into about two inch thinner slices and set to the side.
Rip approximately a 10×10 inch piece of foil and lightly spray it with olive oil.
Place a cup of baby spinach leaves on the greased foil and set the salmon filet on top of the spinach.
Pour the onions on top of the salmon filet then evenly season the onion and filet with your spices. (black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, seasoned salt and adobo)
Tightly seal the foil by bringing two sides up and rolling it closed. Then fold in the sides until everything is sealed inside.
Place the packet on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Once it done let it sit for 5 minutes to cool off and finish cooking the veggies in the packet.
Carefully and slowly open the packet and eat as is or serve over pasta or rice. Enjoy!