If you’re looking for a delicious, yet healthy meal to whip up in less than 30 minutes, this Quinoa Stir Fry is for you. I didn’t even realize until I was done cooking it that it’s a vegetarian meal too! This meal works for both lunch and/or dinner, and can even be made (and frozen) for meal prep. The first time I made this meal I was trying to figure out what I could make to use up some vegetables that were on their way to no longer being good anymore. I remembered I had some day old quinoa in the fridge from leftover meal prep the day before, and I went from there. It was a delicious decision and I’m happy it all worked out. It worked out so well that I’ve made this dish for other people and they always tell me how much they love it. So it only makes sense now that I have perfected the recipe, to share it with all of you too.
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Serves: 1-2
1/3 C. Quinoa
1 clove of Garlic
1-2 C. fresh chopped vegetables of choice
1/2 Chicken Broth
2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
1/2 Tbsp Butter or Olive Oil
1) Cook your quinoa using your chicken broth as described on the package. Place on back stove burner until you’re ready to use it.
2) Chop up your vegetables of choice into 1-inch pieces. You can cut them into smaller pieces if you prefer. I happen to like larger pieces.
3) Heat your butter or Olive oil over medium high heat. Once it’s hot enough stir your garlic around for about 10 seconds. Be sure to constantly stir since garlic burns easily.
4) Once the garlic is a golden brown color, throw your vegetables in the pot and stir for another 3-5 minutes, or until tender. You can add any seasonings you like now. I use pepper, red pepper flakes, onion powder, and paprika.
5) Add your cooked quinoa, and soy sauce to the pan. Mix ingredients together while it cooks for another 3 minutes or until desired tenderness.
Let cool for a few minutes and dig in! Happy #TastyTuesday everybody!