If you follow my Instagram account you probably know I have been into meal prepping and clean eating for a few months now. My go to meals have always been chicken thighs or salmon with veggies and quinoa. One day I was craving a black bean soup of some sort and decided to throw some ingredients together in a pot with black beans and see what happened. Well…it was amazing. I have since made the recipe a few more times and now that I have perfected it I want to share it with all of you. You can use whatever vegetables you like best because you really can’t go wrong with delicious veggies!
Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Serves: 5-6
1 lbs. Ground Turkey
15 oz. can Whole Corn
(2) 15 oz. cans Reduced Sodium Black Beans
1/2 bunch of Kale
1 large Red Bell Pepper
2 Jalapeno Peppers
1 large Yellow Onion (diced)
1 cup Cilantro
1 Tbsp Garlic
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Smoked Paprika (regular paprika is OK too)
1 Tbsp Honey
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 cups Water
- Heat your olive oil over medium high heat for a minute or until really hot. Add your garlic, and diced up onions, red bell pepper, and jalapenos to the pot. Stir for 3 minutes or until soft and add your ground turkey to the pot. Break up and stir ground turkey until browned.
- Once your turkey is browned add your can of corn (drained), cans of black beans (NOT drained), cilantro, and spices to the pot. Stir well to combine ingredients and spices.
- Now add your water to the pot, stir to combine, then add your pieces of kale to the pot. Make sure the kale is mixed and covered with the soup liquid then cover pot and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Taste your soup and adjust the seasonings to your own taste buds. I tend to like spice and always add more cayenne and black pepper to my mix.
- Brown 1-2 corn tortillas and dip in your soup for an even more delicious taste.
You can share this delicious recipe with others or meal prep for 5-6 meals. Remember you can switch and mix it up with your own spices and veggies in this soup. You can even branch out to different types of beans, however, I would research which beans are best for clean eating purposes.
Enjoying a delicious meal without guilt is one of my favorite feelings! 😉 Have a great evening and let me know how you like the recipe!
[…] Black Bean & Turkey Veggie Soup: […]