It’s almost the first weekend of November which means it’s time for me to put up my Christmas decorations! I am absolutely the person who starts celebrating Christmas the day after Halloween until the new year. I also believe in sipping on a delicious adult beverage and singing Christmas songs while decorating my home. As you can guess, my drink of choice this year is a delicious Apple Pie a la Mimosa.Jump to Recipe
For those of you who don’t know Apple Pie a la Mode means “Apple pie with ice cream”. If you’re a fan of Apple pie then you know it’s usually served with a scoop of delicious vanilla ice cream. The tastes you experience while eating apple pie a la Mode is what you taste while drinking an Apple Pie a la Mimosa…to an extent of course. (Because let’s not get crazy- there’s nothing better tasting than the actual dessert itself.) The Apple cider mixed with the hint of vanilla and topped with champagne is a match made in heaven. A few of my social media bios list myself as a “mimosa enthusiast”. If you can’t tell by most of my drink recipes mimosas are one of my favorite alcoholic beverages. It’s one of my go to drinks when I want to relax or even be in social setting with loved ones. I’m already looking forward to sharing another recipe in the near future!
Apple Pie a la Mimosa Tips:
- There is no correct measurement for mimosas because everyone’s ratios vary. If you’re like me then you prefer 80%+ champagne to your Apple cider. Pour as much as you like and drink as many of you want. Responsibly of course.
- You can use Apple juice or Apple cider but I highly recommend Apple cider for the hints of spices like cinnamon and cloves.
- If you’re feeling fancy- dip the rim of the glass in caramel and use whatever ingredient you prefer to “salt” the rim. Graham crackers are a fun ingredient to try.
Apple Pie a la Mimosa
A fun mimosa recipe that tastes like a delicious holiday dessert in a glass!
- 3 oz. Champagne
- 1-2 oz. Apple Cider
- 2 Tbsp. Vanilla Vodka or 1 tsp. vanilla syrup
- Sliced red apple *for garnish*
Pour the desired amount of champagne in the glass.
Add the vanilla vodka and apple cider to the champagne.
Give it a slight stir to mix the ingredients.
Add a slice of apple to a toothpick and place on top of the glass.
Serve chilled and enjoy!