I had the pleasure of being nominated for the Liebster Award by another awesome Mama blogger, The Joy of Momming, last week. I love reading her posts about her little one, and am extremely thankful for the nomination! Here are my questions and answers for the Liebster Award.
Here are my questions to answer:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I love to write. One of my lifelong goals is to write a book or two. One of them being a children’s book. Also, once I started my own family, I realized blogging about the memories is a great way for family and friends who live far away to keep up with us, and for my daughter/future children to read when they get older.
2. What is your favorite food?
I don’t have ONE particular favorite food, but I have three favorite type of food. (Yes, I said THREE. I really loooove food) The three types of food are: Belizean, Jamaican, and Mexican 🙂
3. What was your first job?
I was a “Wireless Expert” at Best Buy.
4. What are you having for dinner tonight?
We’re having tacos and Mexican rice (see answer to question #2) 🙂
5. Pick one word to describe your blog?
6. If you could go to any place in the world on a free vacation for a week, where would you go?
I would go to Italy. Everything about Italy looks beautiful, historic, and romantic.
7. Who was your favorite teacher?
This is a tie: My 3rd grade teacher Ms, Coughlin & 4th/5th grade teacher Ms. Israel.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I see myself as a mother to at least 2 children, based in California (my husband is in the Air Force), running my homelessness organization, and a published children’s author.
9.Who would you say has been the most influential person in your life?
The most influential person in my life is my Grandmother. She has taught me and still teaches me the importance of love and forgiveness.
10. If you had to be any animal for the rest of your life , what would you pick?
I would want to be a dog who is part of a loving family. What’s better than sleeping, eating, and playing fetch with awesome people for a lifetime?
11. What is your favorite color?
11 random facts about me:
1. My Grandma saw my name on the credits of the show “In the Heat of the Night” and suggested it to my Mom. My Uncle Tony wanted to name me Alexis. So that’s how I got the name Brienne Alexis.
2. My absolute favorite season is Fall, but my favorite time of year is the holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, NYE).
3. I love to do DIY/crafting projects. Pinterest is what got me started and made me realize how much I enjoy it.
4. I am the oldest of 3 girls on my Mom’s side and the oldest of 2 siblings on my Dad’s side. So basically I like to be in charge haha.
5. I come from a HUGE family. My Grandma is one of 13 children (11 girls and 2 boys) I wouldn’t trade it for the world and want to have a fairly large family myself.
6. Speaking of large family, I would love to have one more child of my own, and then adopt two siblings so they don’t have to be split up. I want 4 kids.
7. My husband and I don’t remember how old we were when we met because we were too young to remember. Our families have known each other since our parents were small 🙂
8. I absolutely LOVE food. Outside of wanting to travel to see and explore different places and culture, I want to research and map out the best food places lol.
9. My favorite artist is Stevie Wonder. It’s Stevie Wonder- does he really need an explanation as to why he’s the best?
10. One of my lifelong goals is to start an organization to help clothe, feed, and help the homeless get back on their feet.
11. I am Belizean and Jamaican. My Mom’s family is from Belize and my Dad’s family is from Jamaica 🙂
Here are the blogs I am nominating! (I’m newer to blogging and don’t have many followers/people I follow so your suggested blog may not fit the criteria exactly but it’s OK!)
And here are my 11 questions for you to answer:
1. What encouraged you to start blogging?
2. Who is your favorite music artist?
3. What do you think is your best characteristic?
4. What would be your ideal personal relaxation day?
5. Who would you consider to be your #1 role model and why?
6. What is your favorite season?
7. What would be your dream job?
8. What is your favorite childhood memory?
9. If you could change one thing about your life what would it be?
10. What is your favorite color?
11. If you could take a free trip anywhere in the world where would you go?