Did someone say it’s thirsty Thursday? Lucky for you guys I have the perfect flavorful fun drink recipe for you to make at home. This Sparkling Blood Orange Cocktail only requires four ingredients and is super refreshing. One of those ingredients includes an easy homemade blood orange simple syrup. And don’t worry, you can find the recipe below this one on my website. Valentine’s Day is around the corner and this drink will look beautiful for any at home Valentine’s Day celebration.
The last few months I’ve enjoyed creating more drink recipes than ever before. It’s so much fun to test ingredients and of course get to drink the finished product afterwards. This Sparkling Blood Orange Cocktail is the perfect after work or weekend drink. Most people think creating your own drinks at home are more complicated than they actually are. And with us spending more time indoors these days we might as well enjoy ourselves in the process.
Drink Advice & Tips:
- Wine tumblers are my favorite glass to use for this drink. They allow you plenty of room for the Prosecco and mixing the ingredients together.
- You don’t have to use Prosecco for this drink if you prefer another type of sparkling wine. Champagne works well too!
- If you don’t like drinks that are too sweet then use less simple syrup in the recipe and gradually add more.
- The recipe amounts are personal suggestions. Feel free to adjust according to your liking. I recommend starting with less of the ingredients you’re not sure about.
- If you would like to create the same look as these photos you will need to dehydrate blood orange slices in the oven. 200 degrees for 30 minutes. And don’t forget your fresh rosemary.
Sparkling Blood Orange Cocktail
This mixed drink is the perfect citrus spring cocktail for a refreshing yet flavorful drink. Blood oranges never tasted so good!
- 10 oz. Prosecco
- 2 Tbsp. Ginger Beer
- 1/4 cup Blood Orange Simple Syrup
- Handful of Ice
Pour the prosecco into the tumbler.
Add the ginger beer and blood orange simple syrup next.
Lightly stir the drink to combine the ingredients.
Top with ice stir once and enjoy! (Feel free to add any extra ingredients you want)