We’re about a month into Spring 2019. Although Mother Nature hasn’t quite figured it out in this part of the country it doesn’t make it any less true. One of my favorite parts of the spring and summer months are the delicious drinks. All of the delicious and pretty fruit drinks make their reappearance. I wanted to create a refreshing drink that can be served alcoholic and non-alcoholic. This Mint Peach Spritzer is the perfect drink of a girls brunch or an evening get together.
I wanted to be sure this drink was crisp and light. Some of my favorite fruit flavored drinks are drowned in sugar which makes it feel somewhat heavy after drinking it. This Mint Peach Spritzer is not only light but it’s naturally sweetened with fresh peaches. The mint perfectly adds the crisp taste which pairs well with the light peach. I will also let you all in on a little secret. You can be cute and/or fancy on a budget. I bought a set of cocktail glasses from Walmart for less than $6. They’re affordable, cute, and perfect for those days you want to make a cute drink to impress your guests.
I wanted to make this recipe both alcoholic and non-alcoholic for a few reasons.
- Different strokes for different folks. Some people love alcoholic drinks while others hate them. This recipe allows you to not have to chose only one.
- My oldest daughter is almost 5 years old and at the age where she enjoys partaking in our activities too. Why not create a drink that allows her to feel like she’s in an exclusive summer drink club with mom? Not to mention, there’s fresh fruit in it, so it’s a win win!
- The exact same drink can taste completely different with the addition or subtraction of one ingredient. I like having options for my food and drinks and this recipe was no different. Some days I’m feeling a little top off of champagne other days non-alcoholic ginger beer will do the trick.
Now that we know why drink options and versatility are important let’s get started on the drink!
Mint Peach Spritzer
- 2/3 cup Sparkling Ice Peach Nectar
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice
- 3 tsp. Mint Leaves
- 1.5 cup Prosecco or Peach Bubly
In a small glass muddle your fresh lime juice and mint leaves. The longer you muddle the leaves the stronger the mint taste.
Pour the mint lime juice in your cocktail glasses.
Pour 1/3 of your Sparkling Ice Peach Nectar in each cup. Then top off your glasses with your cold prosecco or peach bubly. Give it a slight stir and enjoy your drink!
*For those of you who like extra sweet drinks you can swap your prosecco for moscato or peach bubly for ginger beer*